This is a 3' x 5' Super-polyester flag, with a canvas header and brass grommets, with 4 rows of sewing on the fly side and the first recorded use of the Bonnie Blue Flag dates back to 1810.
On September 11, 1810, a troup of West Florida dragoons set out for Baton Rouge under this flag. They were joined by other republican forces and captured Baton Rouge and imprisoned the Governor.
On September 23, 1810, they raised the Bonnie Blue Flag over the Fort of Baton Rouge. Three days later, the president of the West Florida Convention signed a Declaration of Independence and this flag became a symbol of the republic.
By December 10, the United States flag replaced the Bonnie Blue after President Madison declared West Florida was under the jurisdiction of the Governor of the Louisiana Territory.
With this rebellion in mind, the Bonnie Blue Flag was used by the Republic of Texas from 1836 - 1839.