Please click on the photo to enlarge.
There is no way a picture can do this absolutely beautiful cloisonne ornament justice! This gold Texas Bell Ornament - is absolutely outstanding and will make any Texan proud!
Designed by renowned Texas artist, Kitty Keller, the centuries old process of making her cloisonne ornaments by hand are created by her artisans in China - one of the few places left in the world where craftsmen know how to make this absolutely gorgeous ornament, something that will be treasured for a lifetime.
This is a timeless Texas Christmas - and year round ornament - that every Texan will cherish! Comes in a beautiful gift box!
The step-by-step process in creating a cloisonne ornament:
1. A hollow copper ball is formed.
2. A design is drawn onto the copper ball using a pencil. Artisans then begin attaching copper filaments to the ornament. These filaments create small compartments of “cloisons.”
3. The cloisons are then filled with enamel pastes using miniature spatulas, a different one for each color. As the pastes do not resemble the actual colors of the enamel after firing this process is tedious and requires the artisan to clearly visualize the look of the finished ornament.
4. When the paste has dried the ornament is then put into a kiln and fired for a few minutes. The dried paste then melts and solidifies. Because the enamels shrink with firing, repeated applications and firings are necessary to fill the cells to overflowing.
5. When the enameling is complete, artisans rub the uneven surface until it is smooth and flush with the edges of the cloisons.
6. Finally, the ornament is polished and the exposed edges of the metal wires and top and bottom of the ornament are electroplated with gold.
GOD BLESS TEXAS!